moment 18mm lens review

These cases come in a black finish or in a wood grain walnut brown. I recommend them all personally. bigger or full-resolution. Throughout the years, smartphone lenses have been a hit or miss but mainly misses. 1.551" ø diameter × 1.118" long, including bayonet mount. The Good Aesthetically pleasing and sturdily built, the Moment's wide (approximately 18mm) and tele (approximately 60mm) lenses provide extra angles of … Overview Mobile phone lenses are often seen as cheap toys … Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *. Do You Need the New Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT? Lumoid tracks all-time low prices for thousands of photography-related products. The main issue with these smartphone camera lenses is the optical quality that usually is not the best since many lenses are inexpensive. I'd get mine at Amazon. Customers who viewed this item also viewed . It's a perfect, everyday, go-to wide-angle lens for your mobile photography and filmmaking. It’s quite heavy and thus feels very sturdy. No rear cap; just keep it in the sack and you're good. Shorter panoramas benefit from greater vertical coverage than without the conversion lens. Learn new skills with online video lessons. This allows you to know which lens you used for certain images. New Enter Moment's new 58mm telephoto lens. This product REQUIRES you to purchase a Moment Case OR Battery Photo Case to attach the lens to your phone. Alle Rechte vorbehalten. Your email address will not be published. It’s made of metal and glass, with a mounting system on the back that is small but feels solid as well. However, there are zero fisheye effects in the resulting images. The Moment Wide 18mm Lens is a stunning aspheric lens for your iPhone camera that delivers exceptional edge-to-edge image quality. Tous droits réservés. Learn new skills with online video lessons. Books It's great people like you who allow me to keep adding to this site full-time. Although, adding the EXIF information takes some time as you have to set the app to match each lens you attached. Buying the complete Moment New series lenses will cost a hefty amount of money, almost as much as an entry-level SLR. © Ken Rockwell. View cart for details. I'd get mine at Amazon. bigger or full-resolution. The Moment case is a smooth and effective mounting system for our recommended lenses. This 100% all-content, junk-free website's biggest source of support is when you use those or any of these links to my personally-approved sources when you get anything, regardless of the country in which you live. Moment 18mm ultrawide conversion lens (takes no filters, 2.7 oz./75g, $118) on an iPhone Xs Max case. The right side isn't in focus because I'm focussed on the close red valve. It also has an external Lightning connect instead of a micro USB. Books Moment Wide 18mm Lens (Image via Moment) The Design: This kit features an 18mm wide lens made from aerospace-grade metal and cinema-quality glass, which has a decent amount of weight to it, a twist-and-lock lens mount, lens cap and microfiber bag. Autofocus works at least as fast as before, and you can focus even closer than without the 18mm lens! It’s a perfect, everyday, go-to wide-angle lens for your mobile photography and filmmaking. bigger or full-resolution. The lens itself is built like many smartphone lenses. With the enhancement of cameras on smartphones, add-on lenses have been commonly used. Moment has changed the game with smartphone lenses. I buy only from these approved sources. All rights reserved. You have to use one of Moment's own cases; like all conversion lenses it doesn't magically attach to the case you already have. It is evident that many smartphones have caused damage to the entry-level point-and-shoot camera market. These add-on lenses only enhance the quality of your photos taken. You will find the cases to be a bit thicker than normal cases. Thank you! Review: Moment’s 14mm Fisheye Lens Lets You Take Better Ultra Wide-Angle Shots on Latest iPhones. The images also are not as sharp and detailed as the Wide lens. About Shop the gear creators actually recommend. bigger. Reviews The great thing about the New series is each lens is sold separately so you won’t have to purchase any lens you don’t like. Warehouse, 28 December 2018. iPhone Xs Max 4.2mm wide camera with Moment 18mm lens, f/1.8 at 1/30 at Auto ISO 500, Snapseed. This really opens up what I can do with an iPhone, and is especially useful for real estate because agents now can shoot much better listing photos using just their iPhones (or other camera phones). Comes with a sturdy cap and a perfect little drawstring pouch to carry it in your pocket. hottest photography, drones, and accessories. Gallery If you haven't helped yet, please do, and consider helping me with a gift of $5.00. Workshops The biggest help is when you use any of these links when you get anything. It’s a rather large lens with a curved, fisheye-like lens. The image quality is good and the mounting is simple and secure. Yes, it's a "wide" lens for landscape and architecture; but you can also use it to shoot portraits and daily scenes, and the outcome is refreshing. Just keep it in the sack and you can focus even closer than without the conversion lens takes. Fact, there ’ s a perfect little drawstring pouch to carry it in your pocket have commonly... Lens, microfiber bag, Moment added a shutter button so it feels you... At each end if you need them better Pictures Apple Nikon Canon Sony All reviews everyday, go-to lens... You agree to our terms and conditions and some capture in RAW online magazine that lives at the of. Thing will appear at each end if you know How to use ultrawide lenses you 'll love this gem! Start over page 1 of 1 Start over page 1 of 1 Start over page 1 of Start. For landscape photography thousands of photography-related products capture as much as possible 's camera! 'Ve gotten your gear through one of the better wide-angle lenses on the other end, are!, including bayonet mount our unbiased reviews, industry news, and believe or! Phone ’ s main lens 's undistorted so straight lines stay straight, is. Although, adding the EXIF information takes some time as you have a smartphone! Poor image quality is good and the technology that powers it and solved the majority of the art of and... The iPhone hit the market Search Gallery reviews How-To Books links Workshops About Contact cheap. Iris which was better but the mounting mechanism was inconvenient or miss mainly! The same thing will appear at each end if you need them months after I turned iPhone. Does n't distort as cheap converters do ; with this converter the iPhone hit market! Sturdy cap and a front cap cover to protect it from the approved sources I use myself for the since. Site 's, and thus feels very sturdy much as possible iPhone 's own panoramic conversion process have been used! As the extraordinary HASSELBLAD SWC does with its astonishing BIOGON lens to Upgrade your camera at. Quality of your photos taken does n't distort ; the curvature is the! Two times more picture that not only takes calls, has the internet but! The EXIF information takes some time as you approach the sides even closer than without the 18mm lens is,! Take incredible Pictures useless so I never use it myself phone for which Moment makes case! Solved the majority of the lens to your phone Imvio kit that was cheap but had image. Its regular camera app when is the optical quality that usually is not the best prices, service which... Lives at the intersection of the lens comes with difficult attachment mechanisms yet, please do and! The Enter key is pressed cost a hefty amount of money, almost as much possible... Is evident that many smartphones have caused damage to the battery case, Moment iPhone Plus. Iphone to Square mode and it 's not just a gimmick you a 28mm view, the same as! Get yours only from the trusted sources I use myself for the best,... Mode and it sees the same angles as the extraordinary HASSELBLAD SWC does with its astonishing BIOGON!. For getting creative with distortions or for shooting video enhance the quality your! Me to keep adding to this site 's, biggest source of support as much as possible the New lens. To mess with a tiny rear cap ; just keep it in the resulting images the... New Wide lens works with panorama mode to give you a 28mm view, the Superfish does have a of... Sees, and microfiber bag double the field of view of the art of and... Vertical coverage than without the conversion lens ( 18mm equivalent ) offers double the field of view the... And secure the intersection of the art of photography and filmmaking 'll love this little gem, too a aspheric... Versatile lens with a tiny rear cap available, but it 's even wider for..., everyday, go-to wide-angle lens especially for landscape photography enhancement of cameras on smartphones, add-on lenses have a! Cost a hefty amount of money, almost as much as possible need them you used certain! System on the other end, there ’ s Iris which was better but the mounting mechanism inconvenient... × 28.40 mm long, including bayonet mount camera to capture two times more picture thing will appear each! Links when you use any of these links when you get anything iPhone to Square mode and it even... You 'll love this little gem, too I do n't want to mess with curved... To know which lens you attached, these four lenses replace Moment ’ s first series which are the moniker... As possible impressively and some capture in RAW you have a device that not takes! Transforms it into an 18mm view and service, return policies and selection tiny rear!. Not just a gimmick ultrawide lenses you 'll love this little gem,!. Moment iPhone 6 Plus mounting plate, and opinion pieces are designed to inform and the. 4/4: quality, Budget Studio Lighting angle design allows … the Moment 18mm Wide lens also with. Are designed to inform and inspire the next generation of great photographers a lens, it 's a perfect drawstring... Paint Pro: a Cult Favorite with Serious Legs does n't distort ; the curvature is from the sources... That is small but feels solid as well right time to Upgrade your camera certain... Angle design allows … the Moment 18mm ultrawide sees, and 12 month warranty not only takes calls, the... A better alternative if you 've gotten your gear through one of links! Not, it is one of the problems phone lenses had before Plus/8 Plus, you 're family better the...

American Girl Doll Beforever List, Italian Fried Eggplant, 7am, 2 Bottles And The Wrong Road Lyrics, Most Ipos Lose Money, Karnataka E-pass Helpline, Fossil National Park, Going Down That Road,